The 2018 Matteson Symposium will be held September 22nd 2018 and will focus on drug discovery. Please follow the menu on the left for more information.
Troy Hall Remodel Complete! Rock Mancini and Ming Xian have moved to this state-of-the-art research space.
News from the Mancini Lab
- The Mancini Group recently converted their Bystander-Assisted Immunotherapy patent and established the field of enzyme-directed immunostimulants. Mancini, RJ et al., United States Patent, 15/722,018, October 2, 2017
- New publications include:
- Mancini, RJ et al., Langmuir, 2016, 32(16), 4043
- Hantho, JD et al., ChemMedChem, 2016, 11(22), 2496
- Ryu, KA et al., Nature Scientific Reports, 2017, 7, 8074
- Nielsen AE et al., Future Medicinal Chemistry, 2017, 9(12), 1345
- Burt, AJ et al., Biochemistry, 2018, ASAP (https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs.biochem.8b00095)
News from the Xian Lab
- The Xian lab developed new near-infrared fluorescent dyes named Washington Red, offering remarkable potential for bioimaging advancement. See WSU News https://news.wsu.edu/2017/12/11/bioimaging-dye-breakthrough/
- Graduate student Jacob Day receives a prestigious NIH pre-doctoral fellowship (aka the Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award). See WSU News: https://news.wsu.edu/2017/05/09/chemistry-student-mistake-becomes-fellowship/
- The Xian lab received a NIH R01 grant to support their research on reactive sulfur species. They also received a NSF grant to support their data-driven optimization of fluorescent sensors based on advanced machine learning and data mining techniques.
News from the Garner Lab
- Teaming up with collaborators from Scripps, Prof. Garner and graduate student Dan Collins gave the thioester its debut as an amino acid side chain via site-specific incorporation of a non-natural amino acid into proteins (https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acschembio.7b00998). This work sets the stage for the controlled chemical introduction of a variety of protein modifications, including glycosylation, which is an ongoing project in the Garner group.